Thursday 16 July 2015

Distasteful

"I'm a nothing. I spend my life counting other people's money. 
People I'm smarter than. Better than! 
I want... I want...

I want everything I've ever seen in the movies!"

"Don't be stupid, be a smarty! 
Come and join the Nazi party!"

"You're an accountant! You're in a noble profession! 
The word "count" is part of your title!"

Mel Brooks, 1967



"You know how I have despised anti-Semitism. You know how strongly I feel toward those who preach intolerance of any kind. With that knowledge -- you will understand when I tell you that this staff is about seventy-five percent Jewish. Now my point is that the Jews should stay away from this trial -- for their own sake.

"For -- mark this well -- the charge 'a war for the Jews' is still being made and in the post-war years it will be made again and again.

"The too large percentage of Jewish men and women here will be cited as proof of this charge. Sometimes it seems that the Jews will never learn about these things. They seem intent on bringing new difficulties down on their own heads. I do not like to write about this matter --it is distasteful to me -- but I am disturbed about it. They are pushing and crowding and competing with each other and with everyone else."

Deputy Chief Prosecutor Thomas Dodd,
Nuremberg
Sept. 25, 1945

No comments:

Post a Comment