Saturday 17 December 2016

Rogue One : No Capitulation, No Compromise, No Collaboration with the Imperial Zionist Entity

"Just remember - everything I do now, I do for you.
Remember that."


What is Sacrifice...?



Randal: All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia-this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.


(The Blue-Collar Man (Thomas Burke) joins them.)

Blue-Collar Man:
Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but what were you talking about?

Randal: The ending of Return of the Jedi.

Dante: My friend is trying to convince me that any contractors working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when the space station was destroyed by the rebels.

Blue-Collar Man: Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... (digs into pocket and produces business card) Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. 

And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.


Randal: Like when?

Blue-Collar Man: Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was.

Dante
: Whose house was it?

Blue-Collar Man: Dominick Bambino's.

Randal: "Babyface" Bambino? The gangster?

Blue-Collar Man:
The same. The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine.

Dante:
Based on personal politics.

Blue-Collar Man: Right. And that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.

Randal: No way!

Blue-Collar Man: (paying for coffee) I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. (pauses to reflect) 

You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. 

If they were killed, it was their own fault. 

A roofer listens to this... (taps his heart) not his wallet.




LAFORGE
If this works the way I think it will, once the invasive programme starts spreading, it'll only be a matter of months before the Borg suffer total systems failure.

PICARD
Comments.

CRUSHER
A question. 
What exactly is total systems failure?

DATA
The Borg are extremely computer dependent. 
A systems failure will destroy them.

CRUSHER
I just think we should be plain about that. 
We're talking about annihilating an entire race.

PICARD
Which under most circumstances would be unconscionable. 
But as I see it, the Borg leave us with little choice.

RIKER
I agree. We're at war.

CRUSHER
There's been no formal declaration of war.

TROI
Not from us, but certainly from them. 
They've attacked us in every encounter.

PICARD
They've declared war on our way of life. 
We are to be assimilated.

CRUSHER
But even in war there are rules. 
You don't kill civilians indiscriminately.

RIKER
There are no civilians among the Borg.

PICARD
Think of them as a single, collective being. 
There's no one Borg who is more an individual than your arm or your leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment