Wednesday 28 December 2016

The Fisher Queen

I Drowned in Moonlight, Strangled by My Own Bra.

"I quickly learned that there was no lingerie in Space - what there was was Gaffer Tape."
"Loose 10lbs Immediately."


" In her autobiographical book Shockaholic, Carrie Fisher claims that [Evan] Chandler was her dentist, and was known as the “dentist to the stars,” happily accommodating questionable requests by the famous in exchange for being associated with them. 

In the late 1980s, addict Fisher would get unnecessary dental surgery just to obtain morphine from him. 

Fisher claimed Chandler could be persuaded via financial incentives or “favors” to come to a patient’s house to administer drugs. 

His license plate read “SLEEP MD”. In the book, Fisher refers to Chandler as “strange”, referring to him as “this freak”, saying Chandler told her in the privacy of a dental visit that 

“"My son is VERY (unsettling smile, raised eyebrows, maybe even a lewd wink) good looking…

It was grotesque. This man was letting me know that he had this valuable thing that Michael Jackson ‘wanted’”. 

She describes how shortly afterwards, he reversed himself and in 1993 told Fisher he was bringing charges against Jackson, and at that time was “shocked with moral indignation”. Fisher then states, 


This was the time I knew I had to find another dentist. No drug can hide the feeling of one’s skin crawling…

I never thought that Michael’s whole thing with kids was sexual. 

Never. As in Neverland. 

Granted, it was miles from appropriate, but just because it wasn’t normal doesn’t mean that it had to be perverse. 

Those aren’t the only two choices for what can happen between an adult and an un-related child hanging out together…and yes, he had an amusement park, a zoo, a movie theatre, popcorn, candy and an elephant, but to draw a line under all that and add it up to the assumption that he fiendishly rubbed his hands together as he assembled this giant super spiderweb to lure and trap kids into it is just bad math.”


I was only 16, but I guess that's no excuse
My sister was burnin' to love me and loose

She don't wear no underwear
She's so lonely, gets in her hair
And it's got a funny way of stoppin' the juice

My sister never made love to anyone else but me
She's the reason for my, uh, sexuality

Showed me where it's supposed to go
A blow job doesn't mean blow
Incest is everything it's said to be

Oh, sister
Don't put me on the street again
Oh, sister
I just want to be your friend

I was only 16 and only half a man
My sister didn't give a goddamn

She only wanted to turn me out
She took a whip to me until I shout

Oh, motherfucker's, just a motherfucker
Can't you understand?

Oh, sister
Don't put me on the street again
Oh, sister
I just want to be your friend

I know what you want me to do
Put me on the street and make me blue
Oh, sister, ooh sister, ooh



"As soon as I've written this book, it's no longer true of me - so it always makes me laugh when people say "Are they autobiographical?"

"Not any more!"


If I am able to say it, and name it, it is no longer so (precisely), if I can observe it, I no longer have to be it.

I'm free to be something else also.
"


Dangerous.

Carrie told The Advocate, 

"Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don't care. 
Look, I'm sorry that he's uncomfortable with it, and that's all I can say. 
It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just Leave it be."



 When John Belushi wasn't on set, he went everywhere in Chicago. When he did, everybody was slipping him vials and packets of coke. 
That was in addition to what he could procure, or have procured, for himself, often consumed in his trailer or at the private bar on set he had built for himself, his longtime friends, the cast and any visiting celebrities. 

Carrie Fisher, who John Landis had warned to keep Belushi away from drugs if she could, said almost everyone who had a job there also dealt, and the patrons could (and did) score almost anything there.

So Princess Leia has an excuse for that bizarre hairstyle after all.

Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher has admitted taking drugs on the set of The Empire Strikes Back.

The star, now 53, said she snorted cocaine as she sat on the film’s famous Ice Planet in the second film released in the phenomenally successful big screen franchise.

Carrie Fisher
Troubled: Carrie Fisher recently revealed that she was doing cocaine on the set of her hit 1980 movie, The Empire Strikes Back, in which she played Princess Leia

‘I didn’t even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high,’ she said yesterday.

She made the admission while visiting Sydney for her ‘Wishful Drinking’ stand-up comedy show.

Now a successful writer and comedienne, she said her life had been defined by addiction, with stints in psychiatric hospitals and rehab clinics and, on one occasion, the emergency room with an overdose.

Even one of Hollywood’s most infamous addicts, Animal House and Blues Brothers star John Belushi – who died himself from a drug overdose in 1982 – warned Ms Fisher about her drug problem.

‘Slowly I realised I was doing a bit more drugs than other people and losing my choice in the matter. 

'If I’d been addicted to booze I’d be dead now, because you just go out and get it,’ she added.

She didn’t say whether any of her Star Wars co-stars were also taking drugs, although she did say: ‘We did cocaine on the set of ‘Empire’ in the Ice Planet.’

Ms Fisher was born into Hollywood -- her mother, musical starlet Debbie Reynolds, was married to veteran crooner Eddie Fisher. Fisher, who died last month, left the family for Elizabeth Taylor when Carrie was just two.

The former star said she did not blame her broken family or the pressures of celebrity for her addictions.

‘It's always been my responsibility,’ she said. ‘If it was Hollywood to blame, then we'd all be dope addicts.’


Ms Fisher has written extensively about her battles with addiction in her autobiography ‘Wishful Drinking’ and her bestselling novel ‘Postcards from the Edge’, which was turned into a film starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.

"We had a budget in the movie for cocaine for night shoots,” 

Dan Aykroyd tells Vanity Faircontributing editor Ned Zeman of the careening, madcap production of John Landis’s 1980 movie, The Blues Brothers, in which he starred alongside John Belushi. 

“Everyone did it, including me. Never to excess, and not ever to where I wanted to buy it or have it. [But] John, he just loved what it did. It sort of brought him alive at night—that superpower feeling where you start to talk and converse and figure you can solve all the world’s problems.” From the impulsive and inspired 1979 movie pitch (“John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Blues Brothers, how about it?”), through the torturous journey of a project by turns musical, comedy, buddy movie, and bloated vanity proj­ect, Zeman chronicles the triumph of a film (and its stars) that often seemed beyond salvation.

In the feature, which appears in the January issue of V.F., Zeman uncovers the wild antics alternately plaguing and fueling the production:

“We took one look at each other. It was love at first sight.” He tells Zeman that Belushi was “one of those people like Teddy Roosevelt or Mick Jagger. He was just one of those great charismatics who turned heads and dominated a room.”

On Belushi’s decision to put off going to rehab for his worsening addiction:

“I’m fine,” Belushi told his wife Judy. “I can’t stop now until I finish the movie. It’ll be fine when it’s over.” For all the efforts of his friends and colleagues, Belushi was surrounded by enablers, according to Zeman, though Landis did his best to convert them: “For God’s sake,” he told Carrie Fisher when she arrived on set, “if you see John doing drugs, stop him.”

On how bad it really was:

Zeman recounts how, one night at three ᴀ.ᴍ. while filming on a deserted lot in Harvey, Illinois, Belushi disappeared, which was not uncommon. On a hunch, Aykroyd followed a grassy path until he spied a house with a light on. “Uh, we’re shooting a film over here,” Aykroyd says he told the homeowner. “We’re looking for one of our actors.” The man replied, “Oh, you mean Belushi? He came in here an hour ago and raided my fridge. He’s asleep on my couch.” Aykroyd didn’t call Belushi “America’s Guest” for no reason. He awoke Belushi, saying, “We have to go back to work.” The two walked back to the set as if nothing had happened.

On Belushi’s periods of sobriety:

At one point, Zeman writes, Aykroyd smashed his wristwatch, shouting at Belushi, “Do you want to end up like this?” Fisher tells Zeman, “He was really taking care of John.” Belushi met Smokey Wendell, a kind of bodyguard/anti-drug enforcer for Joe Walsh, a guitarist for the Eagles, and tried to keep him around. “If I don’t do something now,” Belushi told Wendell, “I’m going to be dead in a year or two.”

On Belushi’s beloved status in Chicago, where they were filming:

A trip to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, was “like being with Mussolini in Rome,” director John Landis tells Zeman. Belushi, having entered one of the stadium’s crowded bathrooms, smiled and shouted, “O.K., stand back!” Everyone retreated from the urinals. Belushi did his business and then, zipping his fly and beaming, said, “O.K., back you go!” Glazer recalls, “John would literally hail police cars like taxis. The cops would say, ‘Hey, Belushi!’ Then we’d fall into the backseat and the cops would drive us home.”

On getting through the movie’s big musical finale:


A kid had ridden past Belushi on a skateboard. Belushi asked to ride the board and then fell off it, injuring himself badly. Universal executive Sean Daniel recalls, “This was bad. We had to deal with it in the most effective and emergency-like way.” Wasserman called the top orthopedist in town. “It’s Thanksgiving weekend,” the doctor pointed out. “I’m on my way to Palm Springs.” “Not yet,” Wasserman replied. Thirty minutes later, the orthopedist wrapped and injected Belushi, who then gritted his way through the finale, which required him and Aykroyd to do cartwheels and dance steps with hundreds of extras at the Hollywood Palladium.

"Carrie Fisher, 19"

No comments:

Post a Comment