Friday 28 April 2017

Envy




He's trying to foist a fatherless boy upon us.
Do you want a bastard as a king?
Swear faith to me and you shall have mercy. I need Battle Lords such as you. A noble Knight swear faith to a squire? Never! Never!



You are the King, not I.


But where to start?



Well, what do you think has happened since you ran off?




Sir Ector and Kay - They must be waiting all this time.



Most of the great knights were against me.


Except Leondegrance of Camelyarde.




But if he supports me, the others will turn against him.


Even now they lay siege to his castle.



I need him. We must help him.


There you are. That was easy too, wasn't it?



We have to get back.


That's it. Now.... 


There they are.



Well, you go and show them.


Arthur, I knew you wouldn't fail us.



Go on.



I picked out a horse for you.

    

All these men are loyal.


Now what do you want us to do?



       

We waited here for you.

           


Any Man Who Would Be a Knight



And follow a King 


Follow Me.



Arthur[holding Sir Uryens at swordpoint, during the siege of Leondegrance's castle] Swear faith to me, and you shall have mercy! I need battle lords such as you.

Uryens[sarcastically] 
A noble knight, swear faith to a squire?

Lot
Never! Never!

Arthur
You're right. 

I'm not yet a Knight. 

You, Uryens, will Knight me. 

Then, as Knight to Knight, I can offer you mercy. 
[hands the sword Excalibur to a shocked Uryens, kneeling before him]

Merlin[astonished] 
What's thisWhat's this?

Lot: Keep it, Uryens!

Uryens[after struggling with his thoughts for several seconds] 

...In the Name of 

• God, 
• Saint Michael, and 
• Saint George

I give you the Right to Bear Arms, and the Power to Mete Justice.


Arthur
That duty, I will solemnly obey...as Knight...and King.

Merlin[still astonished] 
I never saw this!

Uryens
Rise, King Arthur. 
[kneeling, as do all the other knights] 

I am your humble Knight...and I swear allegiance to the courage in your veins. 
So strong it is, its' source must be Uther Pendragon. 

I doubt you No More. 
[kisses Arthur's hands]

No comments:

Post a Comment