Tuesday 22 August 2017

Endings

It is a Reminder to Me That All Things End.



VALERIS: 
I do not understand this representation.

SPOCK: 
It's a depiction from ancient Earth mythology. 
'The Expulsion from Paradise.'

VALERIS: 
Why keep it in your quarters?

SPOCK: 
It is a reminder to me, that All Things End.

VALERIS: 
It is of endings that I wish to speak. 
Sir, I address you as a kindred intellect. 
Do you not recognise ...that a turning point has been reached in the affairs of the Federation?

SPOCK: 
History is replete with turning points, Lieutenant. 
You must have faith.

VALERIS: 
Faith?

SPOCK: 
That The Universe will unfold as it should.

VALERIS: 
But is this logical? Surely we must...

SPOCK: 
Logic, Logic, Logic...

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end

...This will be my final voyage on board this vessel as a member of her crew. 
Nature abhors a vacuum. 
I intend you to replace me.

VALERIS: 
I could only succeed you, sir.

*******

[Spock's quarters]

KIRK: 
Spock?

SPOCK: 
I prefer it dark.

KIRK: 
Dining on ashes?

SPOCK: 
You Were Right. 

It was Arrogant Presumption on my part that got us into this situation. 

You and the Doctor might have been killed.

KIRK: 
The Night is Young. 

You said it Your Self. It was logical. 
Peace is worth a few personal risks. 

...You're a great one for logic. 
I'm a great one for rushing in Where Angels Fear to Tread. 
We're both extremists. 

Reality is... probably somewhere in between. 
...I couldn't get past the death of my son.

SPOCK: 
I was prejudiced by her accomplishments as a Vulcan.

KIRK: 
Gorkon had to die before I understood how prejudiced I was.

SPOCK: 
Is it possible ...that We Two, You and I, 
have grown so old, and so inflexible 

...that we have outlived our usefulness...? 

...Would that constitute... 

...a joke?


KIRK: 
Don't crucify yourself. It wasn't your fault.

SPOCK: 
I was responsible.

KIRK: 
For no actions but your own

SPOCK: 
That is not what you said at your trial.

KIRK: 
That was as Captain of a ship. Human beings...

SPOCK: 
But Captain, we both know that I am not human.

KIRK: 
Spock, do you want to know something..? 

...Everybody's human.

SPOCK: 
I find that remark ...insulting.

KIRK: 
Come on, I need you.



THE REBEL WARRIOR : 
Don't tell me you're getting sentimental, Quark. 

THE MAN OF BUSINESS : 
Me? Not a chance. 
I just don't like change. 

THE PROPHET: 
You'd better get used to it. 
Things are going to be pretty different around here now. 
To the best crew any Captain ever had. 

This may be the last time we're all together, but no matter what The Future holds, 
no matter how far we travel, 
a part of us, a very important part, will always remain here on Deep Space Nine. 



To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late!





No comments:

Post a Comment