Friday 8 December 2017

Harmony




Harmony, shut up. 

Do you know What You Are, Harmony? 

You're a Sheep.

Harmony:
I'm not a Sheep.

Cordelia:
You're a Sheep. 

All you ever do is what everyone else does just so you can say you did it first. 

And here I am, scrambling for your approval, when I'm way cooler than you are 'cause I'm not a sheep!

I do What I Wanna Do, 
and I wear what I wanna wear. 

And you know what? 

I'll date whoever the hell I wanna date. 

No matter how lame he is  
(and he is.).


ANGEL:
You betrayed me. 

You are betraying me now, even as we are talking

HARMONY
(raising her voice)
Because you never have any confidence in me. 


ANGEL
No, because you have no soul


HARMONY
would, if you had confidence in me. 




Hamilton punches Angel immensely hard, sending him through the penthouse windows, where Angel falls outside for a few stories before finally falling through the glass ceiling into the lobby. 
Cut to:
30 INT. LOBBY OF WOLFRAM & HART - NIGHT

Angel finally lands on the floor in front of the elevator. Harmony turns to see what happened. Angel moans as he tries to get to his feet.

HARMONY
Oh, my God! 

ANGEL
Hamilton. 

HARMONY
(high pitched, defensively, backing away from Angel)
He's not my boyfriend. 

I mean, I certainly didn't betray you or anything. 
ANGEL
(pushing himself to his feet)
Drop the act, Harm. 

HARMONY
It's not an act! I really am this nervous. 

ANGEL
(stands)
I knew you'd turn on me. 

I just didn't know when. 
HARMONY
(annoyed)
What do you mean you knew? 

ANGEL
Loyalty really isn't high on your list. 

HARMONY
Oh, is that right? I'll have you know I am damn loyal, dumbass.
(crosses her arms)

ANGEL
(walks slowly, painfully toward her)
You betrayed me. 

You are betraying me now, even as we are talking
HARMONY
(raising her voice)
Because you never have any confidence in me. 

ANGEL
No, because you have no soul

HARMONY
I would, if you had confidence in me. 
Hamilton is on his way down in the private elevator.
ANGEL
Get out of the building. 

HARMONY
Are you firing me? 

ANGEL
Among other things, yes. 

HARMONY
(meekly)
Do you think I could get a recommendation? 

ANGEL
Yeah, OK. 

HARMONY
[hesitating]....But see, if you don't so much live, as do The Other Thing, how— 
ANGEL
It's already in the desk. 

HARMONY
(excited)
You're The Best....!
(goes to the desk to get her things)


(Hamilton walks out of Angel's office, slowly heading straight for Angel)
Good luck. 

Um... 
May The Best Man win...?
(shrugs, exits, persued by a Good Work)


No comments:

Post a Comment