Friday 8 December 2017

I Left the Cake Out in The Rain





INT. SAHRVIN LAIR - NIGHT
Lorne treads carefully as he walks around the former Sahrvin lair. The bloody bodies of the demons litter the floor. Lorne looks sick as he takes it all in. Lindsey is washing his hands at the sink.

LINDSEY
Those guys were chumps. 

LORNE
Now they're chunks. Demon strength or no, you're quite the master swordsman. 

LINDSEY
Well, I couldn't have done it without that high note in MacArthur Park. 

LORNE
Slays 'em every time. 

LINDSEY
Any word on the rest of the team? 

LORNE
For all I know, we are the rest of the team. I haven't heard squat. 

LINDSEY
That's weird. 
(turns off the water)

LORNE
They'll call. 

LINDSEY
(dries his hands)
No, I mean me saying "team" and meaning it. I kind of like the feeling. 

LORNE
Yeah, today. 

LINDSEY
You really done with them? 

LORNE
It isn't my kind of work anymore. It's unsavory. 

LINDSEY
Gee, I think it's just getting interesting. 

LORNE
Yeah, I bet you do. 

LINDSEY
You don't trust me. 

You don't think a man can change? 

LORNE
It's not about what I think. 

This was Angel's plan. 
(sighs)

LINDSEY
Come on. 
(smiles)
I could sing for you. 

LORNE
I've heard you sing. 
(takes out a gun with a silencer and shoots Lindsey twice in the chest)

LINDSEY
(stumbling back, looking at his wounds, then at Lorne)
Why—why did you... 

LORNE
One last job. You're not part of the solution, Lindsey. You never will be. 

LINDSEY
(points at Lorne)
You kill me? 
(collapses to the floor)
A flunky?! I'm not just... Angel...kills me. You don't... Angel... 


(his rapid breathing comes to an end as his body goes limp)

LORNE
(sighs, looks down) 
Good night, folks. 


(drops gun on floor as he walks out)


No comments:

Post a Comment